Our device is intended for a community-led approach to deployment use and maintenance, and therefore it needs to be simple. However the marine environment is extremely harsh and therefore our device also needs to be robust.
We believe we have found the right balance between these two aspects, and therefore our device will offer the following advantages to developing coastal communities :
- Meaningful output of fresh water
- Sufficient electricity to have an impact on local lives
- Employment prospects for local people
- Storage to offset times of reduced waves
- Be made from widely available waste materials
- Ease of manufacture
- Realistic deployment method
- Facility of maintenance
- Reduced cost
Despite the focus we have on a community scale system, our device has later commercial applications.
We also have a UK patent filed for an renewable energy network, of which our wave energy device represents the first stage.
Obviously this page only outlines the basics of our design and of its advantages - please contact us to find out more.